Next Tuesday, August 9th, we’re teaming up with Ifrah Law to present a webinar, “When Responsible Lending Turns Irresponsible (and Potentially Criminal).” This webinar will provide insights on what puts businesses at risk for fair lending violations and investigations into their marketing and business practices.
At a time when this industry is at the top of the news with the resent resignation of Lending Club founder Renaud Laplanche, the new Google AdWords policy on lending products, and regulation of the lending industry as a top priority for the CFPB, this webinar is timely and relevant for compliance and legal professionals looking to mitigate risk for lenders.
In fact, consumers have made their concerns about lending practices well-known to the CFPB. According to our analysis of the CFPB’s Consumer Complaint Database, over 40% of complaints submitted to the CFPB are about lending products. Lenders need to stay alert of potential enforcement actions against them, as the CFPB refers to the Consumer Complaint Database for “signals” regarding which consumer finance companies may be out of compliance.
Register for the webinar on August 9th at 2pm EST to learn the latest on the following:
- Trends in consumer complaints related to online lending
- Lessons from recent CFPB actions and enforcements
- Regulatory framework surrounding marketplace lending
- Lending practices leading to both civil and criminal actions
- Industry-wide standards and other measures to prevent lender abuses
- Best practices for documenting compliance
In case you missed it...
*VA and NY CLE credit will be available to webinar attendees.